[Cbc] CBC stand-alone vs callable

Andrea Manno andrea.manno at polimi.it
Wed Mar 21 07:17:17 EDT 2018

Dear all,

I would kindly ask you two questions about the usage of CBC.

1) I am using the callable version of CBC as the MILP solver unit embedded in a c++ code. So what I am doing is nothing but including all the needed CBC, OSI and CGL  header file and linking all the necessary library in order to use the branchAnbBound() method of the CbcModel class. However I would like to replicate exactly the performance of the stand-alone executable version of cbc that I have used on the same instances as AMPL solver. Anyone knows the setting of the stand-alone executable version of cbc? I'am referring to the default options of presolve/preprocess, heuristics and cuts in the stand-alone version.

2) In case preprocess/presolve is needed for the answer of question 1), which is the right way to invoke the preprocess/presolve before the branchAnbBound() method (It si not so clear from the examples and from the user guide). It si possible to have a simple example?

Thank you so much,

Andrea Manno