[Cbc] Two questions on Cbc Solver with AMPL

Feng Gao mangotree.gf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 22:37:31 EDT 2017

Dear Cbc Users:

      I have two questions regarding to Cbc Solver with AMPL. Please help.

1. I use AMPL + Cbc solve to run a case, however, AMPL issued an error
message "Unable to open a file" where a solution is located. I compiled the
Cbc solver using VS and the solver is working fine in a stand-alone mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ampl: solve
ampl? ;
Welcome to the CBC MILP Solver
Version: 2.9.9
Build Date: Sep 19 2017

command line - C:\COIN\Cbc\Cbc\MSVisualStudio\v10\x64-v100-Release\cbc.exe
C:\Users\Feng\AppData\Local\Temp\at2596 -AMPL (default strategy 1)
Unable to open file C:\Users\Feng\AppData\Local\Temp\at2596
No match for AMPL - ? for list of commands
Total time (CPU seconds):       0.00   (Wallclock seconds):       0.00

Error executing "solve" command:
can't open C:\Users\Feng\AppData\Local\Temp\at2596.sol

2. How to set a "MIP GAP" termination criteria in Cbc solver command line.
The manuals only provide a time limit or the maximal number of iterations
termination criteria though.

Thank you very much,

Feng