[Cbc] lp file format

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 08:20:19 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Bjørn Sigurd Johansen (Spider Solutions
AS) <bjorn.sigurd.johansen at spidersolutions.no> wrote:

> Thx  : )
>

> Three modelling questions:
>

> *Question 1:*  Is there any advantage in defining bounds in BOUNDS
> section rather than in SUBJECT TO section?  I.e. is one of the following
> preferred for an (integer and/or continuous) variable?
>

> SUBJECT TO
>
> I1>=0
>
> I1<=10
>
> ------------------------- alternatively -------------------------
>
> BOUNDS
>
> 0 <= I1 <= 10
>

> ​I think that to define in bounds is better.

> *Question 2:*  What is/is there any purpose of defining no bounds, i.e.
> using FREE in BOUNDS section, for integer variables?
>

> BOUNDS
>
> I1 FREE

​Free variables can assume positive and negative values.​

> GENERAL
>
> I1

> GENERAL
>
> I1
>

> *Question 3:*  Is there any difference between the following two?
>
> V1>=0
>
> V1>=+0
>
> (I have seen “+0” being used several places).

​When saving LPs you'll probably see -0 +0  these are all zero. When saving
the solution you'll probably see very small values (such 1e-12)  which are
zero too but appear as small values due to the limited precision arithmetic.