[Cbc] cbc solver

Liu, Lu Lu.Liu at fisglobal.com
Wed Mar 8 13:53:13 EST 2017

Hi,

I created a MPS file for my problem and I have tried CBC solver via the command line and also CPLEX via an online solver. CBC returned " problem is unbounded" error, but CPLEX is able to give me a solution and the solution obeys the constraints. I wonder if this is a limitation of CBC. In addition, in the CBC command window, I also found that it says:

Problem SOLVER_TEST has 26 rows, 32 columns and 118 elements

but in my problem, I only have 25 columns, I find this suspicious. Could it be my MPS file formatting problem which leads the solver to think there are 32 variables? When I tweak the objective function and tried to make it bound, I got a solution like below:
X1
X2
X2
X3
X3
X8
X8
X9
X10

Clearly it seems to treat some of my variables as duplicates, can someone help? Thanks!