[Cbc] Usage of CbcMain1

A P SHYAM SANKAR ch13b059 ch13b059 at smail.iitm.ac.in
Mon Jun 5 07:34:30 EDT 2017

Dear team,

I am Shyam, currently a final year undergraduate at Department of Chemical
Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India. My project
thesis is on optimizing supply chain network using model predictive control
techniques under Prof. Raghunathan Rengaswamy.

In my current problem formulation, I am solving an integer problem and I am
working on CBC for that. I am currently struck at the way CbcMain1 is being
used.

I am creating a CbcModel's object by passing an object of
OsiClpSolverInterface to the class. This is being passed to CbcMain0 which
in turn is passed to CbcMain1 with "-solve" and "-quit" as the parameters.
This calls the MILP solver and taking some time.

The heuristic which I am developing involves calling the MILP solver
interface multiple times in the programme. This is taking a lot of
computation time each time it is being called. My query here is that if I
am using the correct parameters to call the model? Also it would be great
if you could provide me with a documentation for CbcMain1. Additionally, I
don't have any choice of particular cut generators. I want the solver to
choose it's default cut generator or if there is a way by which the solver
could figure out the optimal cut generator based on the problem, variables
and constraints.

My question is very basic and I am relatively a noob in code optimization
techniques though. Any suggestions, or help would be highly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and Regards
Shyam Sankar
Senior Undergraduate