[Cbc] Using parallel branch & bound

Sam Mathew sam.cfd.iitm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 06:31:39 EST 2017

Hi Jesse,

In order to use parallel, you need to do this while configuring during
installation of Cbc.

The right step then would be (supposing you are in the build directory,
within the directory where CBC has been downloaded using SVN)

../configure --enable-cbc-parallel
make
make install

It might help if you look at the fourth option on the following:
https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/wiki/FYI

Then you can use the parallel version within C++.

JuMP has it pre-configured to run parallel, so you did not need to do it
there.

Regards,

Sam

On 25 February 2017 at 22:56, Jesse Jaanila <jessejaanila at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past, I have used CBC though Julia JuMP library, where running
> parallel branch & bound can be done easily by specifying the Threads=N
> argument for the solver. I'm now transferring some of my code to C++ and
> I'm not sure how to run the B&B parallel using C++. Is it trivial?
>
> What's worrisome is that model.haveMultiThreadSupport() returns false
> which suggest I don't even have the prerequisites for parallel B&B. I guess
> the quick start guide for Unix-like systems in https://projects.coin-or.
> org/Cbc doesn't include the necessary option for building CBC with
> parallel support. What actions should I take? I'm fine with rebuilding the
> whole set of libraries and dependencies.
>
> Thanks!
> Jesse

Consultant

*Gyan Data Pvt. Ltd.*