[Cbc] How to get first feasible integer solutions (suboptimal solutions are sufficient)

Jonatan Lauritsen jonatan.lauritsen at outlook.com
Mon Mar 21 06:31:11 EDT 2016

I am trying to get first (suboptimal) feasible integer solutions, because I can't wait to arrive at the optimal solution and my experience is that optimal solution is only marginally better than suboptimal ones.

I have tried the following commands to stop CBC after finding first solutions:
cbc model_cplex.lp solve maxnodes 1 solu solution.txt
cbc model_cplex.lp solve maxiterations 1 solu solution.txt

But it seems to me that CBC ignores maxnodes and maxiterations commands, at leaste the process is not shortened. What are the right commands to stop CBC after finding first n solutions? As I understand, then different methods are applied during search process and all the methods have their own parameters and maxnodes and maxiterations are parameters for only some of the methods. But other methods don't have such integer parameters? (as can be seen from "cbc ?")

Jonatan