[Cbc] [CBC] Compiling multi-thread CBC in visual studio/windows

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 23 10:42:48 EST 2016

Hi,

hmm, that's now the third time I get more or less the same question
within a few days.

I got Cbc working in parallel mode on Windows by using the
pthreads-win32 library (https://www.sourceware.org/pthreads-win32)

However, I build Cbc under Msys with Microsoft or Intel compilers. When
configuring, I use
--enable-cbc-parallel
--with-pthreadsw32-lib=/path/to/pthreads-w32/pthreadVCE2.lib
--with-pthreadsw32-incdir=/path/to/pthreads-w32
to enable multithreading in cbc.

You will need libClp to get the Clp linear solver.

Stefan

http://www.gams.com/~stefan