[Cbc] Segfault when requesting duals in Cbc

Jack Dunn jack.dunn.nz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:43:43 EDT 2016

Hi all,

If I request the duals using the Cbc binary on a problem that ends up being
infeasible (see attached model.lp file for a minimal example) I encounter a
segfault:

$ cbc -import model.lp -solve -printingOptions all -solution model.sol
-printingOptions rhs  -solution rhsranges.txt -printingOptions objective
-solution costranges.txt

Welcome to the CBC MILP Solver
Version: 2.9.8
Build Date: Apr 28 2016
Revision Number: 2277

command line - cbc -import model.lp -solve -printingOptions all -solution
model.sol -printingOptions rhs -solution rhsranges.txt -printingOptions
objective -solution costranges.txt (default strategy 1)

Presolve determined that the problem was infeasible with tolerance of 1e-08

Analysis indicates model infeasible or unbounded
0  Obj 0 Primal inf 1.9999999 (1) Dual inf 0.9999999 (1)
1  Obj 0 Primal inf 0.9999999 (1)
Primal infeasible - objective value 0
PrimalInfeasible objective 0 - 1 iterations time 0.002

Result - Linear relaxation infeasible

Enumerated nodes:           0
Total iterations:           0
Time (CPU seconds):         0.00
Time (Wallclock Seconds):   0.01

Option for printingOptions changed from normal to all
Option for printingOptions changed from all to rhs!ranging
0  Obj 0 Primal inf 0.9999999 (1)
Primal infeasible - objective value 0
Primal infeasible - objective value 0
[1]    22862 segmentation fault cbc -import model.lp -solve -printingOptions

(I also posted this to the issue tracker:
https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/ticket/170)