[Cbc] CBC deterministic

Alexis aguigue at softree.com
Thu Aug 11 10:57:21 EDT 2016

Hi

I am just curious to know how ''deterministic'' CBC is. I know this
question has been raised a few times in this forum i.e.

http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/cbc/2016-February/001891.html

http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/cbc/2015-January/001580.html

I have embedded CBC in my own application. In the case where I impose an
integrality gap (e.g. 20%), I have had my program stopping and returning
with different final optimality gaps (e.g. 12% and 19%). It is actually
a little difficult to reproduce. I am wondering whether this could come
from the fact that I have (re) implemented the optimality gap stopping
condition (with others actually) in the callback

CbcEventHandler::CbcAction myCbcEventHandler::event(CbcEvent whichEvent)
{

             if (dIntGapCalc < dIntGapRef)  {

                 return stop;
             }

   }

}

Thanks in advance

--
Alexis Guigue, E.I.T., B.Eng., M.A.Sc., Ph.D.
Software Engineer/Research Engineer

Softree Technical Systems Inc. <http://www.softree.com>
Engineering an Easier Way