[Cbc] Simple problem found infeasible... but it's not

mg giunto.cardanico at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 04:23:35 EDT 2015

Hi All,
I'm currently solving some very small multiknapsack-like problems and I got
an infeasibility on the attached problem (CBC version release 2.9.3)

It seems related to some wrong cut, since disabling the cut generators
(with cutsonoff off) it works.

I don't know if it's important, but if you look at the attached LP, you can
see a constraint called "PrimaryObjAsConstr" that comes from a previous
solve where this constraint was actually the objective function.
Well, the RHS of this contraint is the objective value of the previous
solve (4) plus a tolerance (0.1). If I put it to 4, the model is solved
without any problem even with the cut generators enabled. Does this lead to
some integer-related stuff ?

For the moment I can solve it by disabling the cut generation, but I wanted
to report the issue that might rise again in other cases.

Thanks in advance,
Marco