[Cbc] simple questions about the example minimum.cpp

Zhi Wu ZXW212 at student.bham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 9 05:52:54 EDT 2015

Hello everyone

I am studying CBC currently, and trying to run examples which are included in the source. I have a minor doubt about the minimum.cpp

  OsiClpSolverInterface solver1;

  // Read in example model in MPS file format
  // and assert that it is a clean model
  int numMpsReadErrors = solver1.readMps("D:/CBC/Cbc-2.9.2/Data/Sample/p0033.mps","");
  assert(numMpsReadErrors==0);

  // Pass the solver with the problem to be solved to CbcModel
  CbcModel model(solver1);

After reading the model file, then CbcModel model(solver1) is used to set up the model. However, how does the model know which variables are integer.

I tried to find out the initialization of the integer variables in the source, but I failed.  Could somebody give a hint about the initialization of the integer variables after reading the Mps file.

Best Wishes

Zhi WU

Univesity of Birmingham