[Cbc] newcomer

Lefevre, Augustin alefevre at ykems.com
Fri Jun 26 06:02:07 EDT 2015

Dear list,

     Thanks to the organizers for maintaining this software, and pre-emptively to all for considering my requests, which I hope will be as few and as clearly expressed as possible. I am excited to contribute to OpenSolver, get to use it on NEOS, and model simple network flow problems as an embedded problem into signaling games and figure out their Nash equilibria.

   Without further ado, here is a simple Excel spreadsheet containing an instance of the knapsack problem. I get a funky error message, with both English and French text (my OpenSolver is English, but my Excel is fresh ... huh, I mean french) : the computer says : "Objet requis" instead of probably "object required". Can you help me figure out what is wrong with this spreadsheet ?

   As a preliminary, the installation went fine and linear problems without integer variables work fine.

Best regards,
ALF