[Cbc] Slow model building using CLP

Haroldo Gambini Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:20:57 EDT 2015

Hi Kevin,

Why to /build/ a model do you need to /modify/ coefficients ? Would it
be faster to remove a group of constraints (the ones with modified
coefficients) and then  add a new group of constraints ?

One nice way to quickly add a group of constraints/variables in the
model is the use of a  CoinBuild object: calls are made first to this
object and then this object is passed as a parameter in OsiSolverInterface.

Cheers,

Haroldo

On 22-06-2015 12:07, Kevin van Blokland wrote:
> Dear CBC community,
>
> We experience a very slow model creation. We are using
> the OsiClpSolverInterface in combination with modifyCoefficient to
> construct our models.
> The construction of the model takes more than 10 minutes, while the
> solve time is less than a minute.
> Probably we are doing something wrong and we would like to know what
> is the best way to add variables and constraints and set their
> coefficients from scratch.
> Could we reserve the dimensions in the packedmatrix?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kevin van Blokland
> *____________________________________________________________________________________*
>
> DISCLAIMER
> De informatie verzonden in dit e-mail bericht is vertrouwelijk en
> uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien de informatie bij
> vergissing bij u terecht is gekomen dan verzoeken wij u vriendelijk de
> afzender hiervan op de hoogte te stellen en de informatie te
> verwijderen. Openbaarmaking, vermenigvuldiging, verspreiding en/of
> verstrekking van deze informatie aan derden zonder expliciete
> toestemming van de afzender is niet toegestaan. Aan de verstrekte
> informatie kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend, tenzij expliciet
> anders is aangegeven in het e-mail bericht. Wij staan niet in voor de
> juiste en volledige overbrenging, noch voor de tijdige ontvangst van
> dit e-mail bericht.
>
> This message and its attachments are confidential and may be
> privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply mail and delete
> this message and its attachments from your system and refrain from
> using or copying its contents or disclosing its contents in any manner
> to third parties. We cannot assume any responsibility for the accuracy
> or reliability of the information contained in these message
> (including attachments), nor shall the information be construed as
> constituting any obligation on the part of CQM.
> DISCLAIMER

Haroldo Gambini Santos
D.Sc, Computer Science
Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto