[Cbc] On the Cbc follow-on example

Fang Ma fangma1984 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:05:26 EDT 2015

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Actually what I want is to have follow-on branching
all over the branch-and bound tree.

In that crew example, there is only 1 follow-on object created. So even if
we set it with high priority, we can do the branching at the root node.
Then we rely on integer variable branching.

So if I create 200 follow on objects in that example, I think it still do
the follow-on branching at the root node? but with 200 candidates to choose
from.  Actually I have set the number of follow-on branching to 200, there
is memory issue there.

What I want is to create multiple follow on branching among the tree and
try to minimize the use of single variable branching (best to avoid it).

Sincerely

Fang

Fang, Why do you want to remove the integer objects? Is there something odd
in your problem, which means variables can take non-integral values? The
integer variables are at lower priority so will only be branched on as a
last resort. John Forrest On 03/06/15 05:24, Fang Ma wrote: >* Hi CoinOR
Cbc community, *> >* Just a simple question, I am looking at Cbc crew.cpp
example, which *>* revolve around follow-on branching plus simple binary
branching on *>* integer. *> >* How to deactivate the variable branching
such that there is only *>* follow-on branching without simple variable
branching ? It seems in *>* the Cbc source code, the simple integer object
was created by default. *>* After finished branching on follow on objects,
the crew example switch *>* to variable branching. *> >* Thanks *> >* Fang *

   -

--
Best Regards,
Fang Ma