[Cbc] Multithreading for solving MIP

Pranavamoorthy Balasubramanian pranavamoorthy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 19:42:41 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am currently working towards solving mixed integer programming problems
for large scale systems. I prefer to use open source solvers and I tried
installing CBC on Windows server. However, I guess the windows version of
CBC does not support multi threading. It would be really helpful if you
could suggest me an approach by which I can perform Multithreading with CBC
solver.

If multithreading is only available in the linux version of the solver, I
can switch to linux server and use multithreading. In that case please let
me know if red hat linux will be helpful or should I install a different
version of Linux OS.

Thank you.
Regards,
Pranav