[Cbc] Constraint Violation in Cbc 2.8.7

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 2 10:14:01 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I can't claim to have figured out the reason, per se, but I was able to
address a symptom that fixed the problem in this case. My objective
coefficients (of this particular instance) span a range of ~1e2. I reduced
this range to ~1e1, and the problem "worked". I ran the problem with no
convergence criteria input to the CLI, and with both ratio and allowable
gaps of 1e-10 (separately, of course). I also ran this on both trunk and
1.8.7 (there was no difference).

Is this expected behavior? Does anyone have a listing of other "tricks" or
best practices to help massage the solution?

Thanks,
Matt