[Cbc] mipstart

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Tue Feb 17 07:18:32 EST 2015

Yves,

If there are no continuous variables - this is a bug.

Assuming there are -

The idea is to use the solution from one problem for a different
problem.  Initially the code fixes the continuous variables as well as
integer variables to try and keep as much information as possible.
Looking at the code, I see that if a variable is not mentioned then it
will be fixed to zero!  This means that the solution with all variables
fixed will very likely be infeasible. Even if all variables are in file
then it is still possible that, due to printing inaccuracy and/or
different bases giving slightly different values for continuous
variables, it is possible for the problem with all variables fixed to be
slightly infeasible.  If this happens you get those messages.

At least I should change code to set unmentioned variables to bound
nearest zero.  It might be better to set the values to infinity to
indicate not set and then be more sensible when the new solution is
generated.

John