[Cbc] cbc.branchAndBound vs CbcMain

Haroldo Gambini Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:27:39 EST 2015

Hi Matthew,

If you use CbcModel you will have to include cuts, pre-processing and
heuristics in your code too (CbcModel just comes with branch and bound
and strong branching). You'll have also to tune also every object added
to CbcModel. It is not straightforward to reproduce the good results of
CbcMain with CbcModel.

On 12-02-2015 23:31, Matthew Galati wrote:
> Is CbcModel's branchAndBound equivalent to CbcMain (with respect to
> the default algorithm)? I remember asking about this a few years ago -
> but, I don't recall what was concluded.
>
> I do recall now that OsiClp and OsiCbc branchAndBound is not good to
> use. But, what about CbcModel's?

Haroldo Gambini Santos
D.Sc, Computer Science
Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto