[Cbc] Getting node info in Cgl cut

Fei Peng fpeng at imap.srv.cs.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 1 14:56:58 EDT 2015

Hi Cbc community,

I have a question about writing custom Cgl cuts with Cbc: things that
get passed to CglCutGenerator when invoking generateCuts include an
OsiSolverInterface, the set of cuts, and a CglTreeInfo. However, this
doesn't allow me to get the current node information in a custom Cgl cut
(which inherets CglCutGenerator). The only thing a Cgl generator knows
is the level of the node where it's invoked, but not the specific node.

The reason I'm asking is I have some global information that was derived
higher in the tree (that I'll store in the random cut), which can be
used down at children nodes to generate cuts. walkback_ in CbcModel sort
of includes the trace all the way to the top, but again without knowing
which node I'm at, there's no way to start the walkback. I wonder if
there's a way of getting this information without modifying
CbcCutGenerator etc.?

Thanks!
Fei