[Cbc] Never-ending

Mattia Buccarella m.buccarella at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 02:38:35 EDT 2014

Hello everyone.

I am using the standalone Cbc 2.8.9, compiled with the GNU MathProg support.
I have the problem that it gets stuck forever on certain MILP instances.

One of these instance can be found at the following url:
INSTANCE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44504233/inp-2395.dat
MODEL: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44504233/payg_final.mod

I tried with the

-cuts on

option to see if something changed but the result was the same, and now I
don't know what to try. I tried the options -nodelim and -nodlim to see if
I could stop it after a while, but it did not look working.

At the moment, I really need it to stop after spending some time on a
certain solution. Do you know how could I do it? The only required thing is
that, when I stop it, the found solution (partial) should still be
feasible. So optimality is not fundamental at the moment. Feasibility it is
instead.

Thank you very much for your time.

--
Mattia Buccarella