[Cbc] CInterfaceTest doesn't compile

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Oct 2 14:10:01 EDT 2014

Just to second Victor's comments, Python extensions must still be built
with VC2008 and since the C interface is particularly useful for building
such extensions, it would be great not to break compatibility with VC 2008.

I'm in the process of building CoinAll trunk with VC2008, but have run into
some other difficulties I'm trying to find fixes for. I also have VC2013
and tried building with it as well, but there were problems there, too.

Cheers,

Ted

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Miles Lubin <miles.lubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I've committed the VC2010 workaround to trunk.
>
> Thanks,
> Miles
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM, victor.zverovich at gmail.com <
> victor.zverovich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Miles,
>>
>> Yes, I know that it is C99 which is not fully implemented by VC2010.
>> However, CInterfaceTest is the only part of Cbc that requires it, so I
>> think it would be beneficial not to unnecessarily break compatibility. I
>> haven't try VC2013.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Victor
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Miles Lubin <miles.lubin at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Victor,
>>>
>>> Thanks for reporting this. I've included stdlib.h in trunk. Regarding
>>> INFINITY, this is a C99 feature that's supported in VC2013 (
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2013/07/19/c99-library-support-in-visual-studio-2013.aspx).
>>> Have you tried compiling with VC2013? I'm open to including the workaround
>>> if needed.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Miles

Dr. Ted Ralphs