[Cbc] thread safety

Alon Shapira ashapira at tower-research.com
Wed May 14 18:33:04 EDT 2014

Thank you :)
Alon

Ted Ralphs <ted at lehigh.edu> wrote:

The answer is a qualified "yes". We have been successfully using Cbc to simultaneously solve multiple different problems in different threads by creating a CbcModel object and calling the branchAndBound()  method. Using the wrappers in CbcSolver.cpp does not seem to be thread-safe. Calling Cbc this way only works for solving one MILP at a time (though it is possible to use multiple threads to solve that single MILP). I don't recall the precise reason for this.

Cheers,

Ted