[Cbc] Determining the time required to pass an objective value threshold

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Wed Jul 30 16:43:46 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'd like to determine the time a cbc solve takes to pass a given objective
value threshold. My approach is to implement a custom event handler, and I
wanted to double check that this is reasonable.

I have a gist up here: https://gist.github.com/gidden/ffb6e4321c74025bf526,
and I pass in the custom event handler to the model before trying to solve
it (using CbcMain0/1).

I'm curious if CbcEventHandler::solution is the right event to check for. I
currently have a instance going that is listening for events (I have a
simple stdout print when it occurs) that has yet to report. Is there a
better way to do this?

Thanks,

--
Matthew Gidden