[Cbc] cbc using more than one core

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sat Jul 26 09:22:03 EDT 2014

It is possible for cbc to use more than one core if it is built with
support for this enabled (in a nutshell, you need to specify the option
"--enable-cbc-parallel" to the configure script). I don't think the version
distributed with PuLP and SolverStudio is built this way, though, and I'm
not sure how easy it would be to replace the distributed version. Most
likely, it would not be difficult to just drop in parallel Cbc and then
modify the call to it to include the command for setting the number of
cores. I guess this would be a question more for the developers of PuLP and
SolverStudio.

Cheers,

Ted

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Bram Goorts <bramgoorts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> i’m trying to solve an integer problem with the cbc solver, but it needs
> to run rather long.
> is it possible for the cbc solver to use more than 1 core?
> I'm running the cbc solver from Pulp/solverstudio.
>
> kind regards,
> Bram

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University