[Cbc] [CBC] Need advice to allow coexistence of heuristics and semi-continuous objects

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Tue Jul 1 09:10:49 EDT 2014

Marco,

There was an option to try heuristics even if it looked unpromising.  I
have modified code so that if this is set then heuristics do not get
switched off even if unknown branching objects.

When I did this code entered heuristics, but feasibility pump decided it
wasn't worth it on your tiny problem (too high a proportion of general
integer variables).  There was a way to tell that particular heuristic
to carry on.  You can see the way that was set in attached sample.

It should all be safe - although it is possible an heuristic may get a
solution which is then thrown out on closer inspection - but that's OK.

John Forrest