[Cbc] Threadsafe usage of Cbc

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Tue Jan 14 13:08:22 EST 2014

Cornelius,

It would be more work to enable CBC_THREAD_SAFE by default as the
standalone solver normally can read commands from stdin and environment
variables.  CBC_THREAD_SAFE switches that ability off.  To make Cbc
threadsafe out of box AND still allow parsing commands would be boring
work - maybe a week.

I never plan - especially releases and I never fiddle too much with
configuration.  So until next release you could just use svn and then no
patches are needed - just svn checkout ...../2.8 and add

-DCBC_THREAD_SAFE -DCBC_NO_INTERRUPT

to configure.

John