[Cbc] Documentation on difference between Clp and Cbc's branch and bounds?

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 26 12:30:10 EST 2014

Hi Haroldo,

Thanks for the quick reply!

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Haroldo Gambini Santos <
haroldo.santos at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Matthew,
>
> Are you referring to the one called by the command line ?

I'm specifically talking about the branchAndBound member functions on the
solvers/solver interfaces, called for instance as:

>   OsiSolverInterface* si = getIFace();
>   si->initialSolve();
>   if (HasInt(si)) {
>     si->branchAndBound();
>   }
>

> Cbc has strong branching,  cuts and heuristics, it is not a "pure" B&B -
> it should be smarter than CLP in most cases.

Ok, great, thanks for the tip!

As a side note, the served doxygen documentation is behind some sort of
password wall, e.g.: http://www.coin-or.org/Doxygen/Clp/hierarchy.html.