[Cbc] Infeasible only with Multithreading

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Mon Dec 29 12:33:14 EST 2014

Mario,

Multi-threading comes in two flavours - opportunistic and deterministic.

Opportunistic is more efficient, but not exactly repeatable.

The meaning of the parameter threads is -

0 - off - running in serial mode
n (1-reasonable) - opportunistic using n threads.  With k cpus, I would
use k or maybe one more.
n (101-) - deterministic using n-100 threads.  With k cpus I would use k
or maybe up to 2*k as load balancing is worse.

threads == 100 ! should be as 0, but somewhere a parallel flag has been
set and so things go wrong.

Solution - don't use 100 - I will probably get round to treating as 0.

John Forrest