[Cbc] CbcSolver printing directly to stdout

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Aug 20 21:07:24 EDT 2014

Hi,

One of our user reported that he is seeing a 'Problem is infeasible!'
message from Cbc for some infeasible problems.

He does not want to see messages during the solve, and has set the
system to suppressed all output, but this only works with output handled
via CoinMessageHandler.

I checked for 'Problem is infeasible!', and it occurs twice in
CbcSolver.cpp, and in both cases, the message is sent directly to
std::cout, rather than using CoinMessageHandler. These are bracketed by

#ifndef DISALLOW_PRINTING

Should these messages be handled via CoinMessageHandler, or should I
compile Cbc with -DDISALLOW_PRINTING?

I am using Cbc stable/2.8 that I downloaded on March 12 2014. Our user
also said that he did not see the message when he used aan earlier
version of Cbc.

In relation to versions, is there anyway to get the versions of
Cbc/Clp/OSI etc. via the API? This would be useful information to print
out when we load Cbc/Clp. I remember asking this a few years ago, and at
the time this information was not available via the API.

Thanks in advance for any help/information!

Cheers,

Kish