[Cbc] Cbc and threading via CbcModel

ycollette.nospam at free.fr ycollette.nospam at free.fr
Fri Oct 25 09:13:41 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to activate the threading of Cbc via CbcModel
Basically, I set my problem, then in CbcModel, I set threading options:

pModel_l->setNumberThreads(2);
pModel_l->setThreadMode(1);

But, after some tries, the only combination which works is:

pModel_l->setNumberThreads(0);
pModel_l->setThreadMode(8);

For all the others:
- either the problem is not feasible
- or an assert is triggered: CbcModel.cpp:14786: int CbcModel::doOneNode(CbcModel*, CbcNode*&, CbcNode*&): Assertion `masterThread_' failed.

Cbc has been compiled with --enable-cbc-parallel (in fact, I am compiling Cbc via a cmakefile and I set -DCBC_THREAD and -DHTREAD).

So, my question is: how to set correctly numberthreads and threadmode ?

Best regards,

YC