[Cbc] CBC ignoring binary variables

Aditya Gandhi agandhi at sapient.com
Wed May 15 01:31:41 EDT 2013

Please see attached a sample MPS file which has 8 binary variables.

When using CBC to solve it the output comes back with some of these variables with value = 0.4 (see the solution file attached).

I typically use v2.7.5 however I also tried this against 2.8.1 and got the same error.

p.s: Interesting when I ask the solver to output only integer variable it recognizes these variables as integer and only outputs them in the solution file, however somewhere while solving it ignores the fact that they should be binary

Any help on this issue will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Aditya