[Cbc] How to get CBC-solution in AMPL format ?

vladimir voloshinov vladimir.voloshinov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 14:07:08 EDT 2013

Dear CBC team,
we successfully use CBC (2.7.7) for AMPL models via OSAmplClient from AMPL
translator.
But now, to "distribute" the computational load, we need to run CBC
application on one server, but perform analysis of solution in AMPL
translator running on another server.
The most convenient would be if CBC-solution will be returned  in AMPL
format (*.sol file created by write_sol ASL routine).
But not in CBC nor in OSSolverService I can not find an option (similar to
"wantsol" for AMPL-solvers) telling to write solution in AMPL format.
At the same time in CbcSolver.cpp I see a call of writeAmpl(...) procedure,
defined in Cbc_ampl on the base of an ASL write_sol(...).

May be there are some "hidden" options of CBC (or OSSolverService) or
"tricks" of compilation  ?
We'll be happy for any hints.
--
Vladimir V. Voloshinov,
Ph.D, head of lab. O-3 "Distributed computing algorithms",