[Cbc] Increasing the granularity of CbcEventHandler

Alexis Guigue aguigue at softree.com
Thu Jan 31 16:53:47 EST 2013

Hi,

Essentially, what I am trying to do is to interrupt the optimization
(from outside). This is the main reason I am using CbcEventHandler.
Each time the function CbcEventHandler::event is called, I check the
value of my flag STOP (set from outside) and if true, then
I return CbcEventHandler::CbcAction stop. This is working. The problem I
have is that the function CbcEventHandler::event
is not called very often, essentially after each node is processed.
Hence, there might be quite delay between the external
application asking the optimization to stop, i.e.,setting the flag STOP
to true and the actual stopping of the optimization process.
Ideally, I would like to stop when (inside) a node is being processed.
Could we use an instance of a derived class of ClpEventHandler
for each node? The granularity provided by
ClpEventHandler::endOfIteration would be more than good enough for me.

Cheers

Alexis

--
Software Engineer/Research Engineer