[Cbc] CMake build script for CBC

victor.zverovich at gmail.com victor.zverovich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:06:14 EST 2013

Hi All,

I've implemented a CMake <http://www.cmake.org/> build script for CBC and
its dependencies (CLP, CGL, etc.). The script is available at
https://github.com/vitaut/cbc/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt . It's just a
single file that has to be placed in the top-level CBC directory for use.

I've ported many of the autoconf platform checks to CMake. Out-of-tree
builds and tests are supported. I've tested the script on Linux and MacOS X
with gcc and on Windows with Visual C++ (both nmake and Visual Studio
builds work).

To avoid duplication, source file names and other information is extracted
from Makefile.am and configure.ac files. This makes the script more
complicated but will hopefully require less maintenance when used together
with autotools. Pure CMake solution would have been much simpler of course.

This script can be used for generating project files for various IDEs:
Eclipse CDT, different versions of Visual C++ (no need to maintain project
files for each version!) or Xcode, as well as makefiles.

Hope it might be useful to someone.

Best regards,
Victor