[Cbc] Pre-built CBC binaries for trunk?, Also cross-compiling

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Feb 6 16:36:39 EST 2013

Sorry for the late response to this....

I have been cross-compile CBC/CLP for Windows on Linux using MinGW (and
MinGW-W64 for 64 bit windows) for several years now.

We use CBC/CLP in our ECLiPSe platform, for an interface to MIP solvers.
On Windows, ECLiPSe itself is also cross-compiled with the same MinGW
compiler, so we do not have to worry about compatibility issues with
Visual Studio.

ECLiPSe itself is written in C, and aside from being able to load .dll
files compiled with MinGW, we have had no problems loading thirdparty
.dll files (which I assume are not compiled with MinGW), and we were
even able to load a .lib file (for MySQL), after some hacking. However,
I suspect loading C++ files compiled with Visual Studio might be a
problem, as you cannot even load a C++ file compiled with a different
version of gcc from the host program.

Regards,

Kish