[Cbc] Pass model and/or data to the executable via standard input

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Apr 16 14:39:29 EDT 2013

Yes, it's certainly easier to build with CYGWIN and MINGW on Windows, but
it doesn't work anymore with the latest MS compilers thanks to Microsoft
not supporting standard compiler switches anymore. We are trying to fix it,
but it will be a while.

Ted

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Stefan Vigerske
<stefan at math.hu-berlin.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> building Cbc with GMPL should work out-of-the box under mingw or cygwin on
> windows, also with MS or Intel compilers.
> I don't know about MSVS project files.
>
> Stefan
>

> On 04/16/2013 07:44 PM, John Forrest wrote:
>
>> Pietro,
>>
>> If you can do something like this (in linux) would that work?
>>
>> cat test.lp |bin/cbc -import stdin_lp -solve
>> Welcome to the CBC MILP Solver
>>
>> command line - bin/cbc -import stdin_lp -solve (default strategy 1)
>> Continuous objective value is 3.23684 - 0.00 seconds
>> Cgl0004I processed model has 1 rows, 3 columns (0 integer) and 3 elements
>> Cbc3007W No integer variables - nothing to do
>>
>> I have committed fixes to trunk - key thing is to import from stdin_lp
>> (exact spelling needed)
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get GMPL working on Windows?
>>
>> John Forrest

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280