[Cbc] cbc with gmpl

Iliya Markov iliya.d.markov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:56:20 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have a question about CBC and GMPL. I want to use GLPK as a parser for
CBC. I work on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I follow the steps and execute get.Glpk in
the ThirdParty folder. It seems to execute fine. I get the glpk subfolder.
Then I configure CBC according to the instructions:

mkdir build
cd build
../configure
make
make test
make install

I get the build folder for CBC with cbc and clp inside. Also, inside the
build folder I get the ThirdParty folder with GLPK. I did some tests and
cbc can solve mps files just fine. However, when I try to solve GMPL (cbc
model.mod%data.dat)  files it tells me:

GMPL not being used
Aborted

I am wondering if I do something wrong. I would really appreciate it if
someone could tell me if there are other configuration setting that should
be done. I am not very profecient in Linux.

Thank you
Iliya