[Cbc] multithreaded cbc for windows

Petru Pau ppau at risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri Oct 5 06:41:55 EDT 2012

Sorry if this question has already been answered.

I would need a multithreaded version of cbc.exe for Windows.

The installable cbc does not seem to allow parallel stuff ("-threads" is
reported as "No match"). For building a multithread-enabled version
with VS (2010), it seems that the symbol "CBC_THREAD" must be
defined. If I define the symbol, I get a very serious message saying that a
header file is missing: pthread.h.

It seems that I'm stuck, so I bother you with this question:

Can I get / build a multithreaded version of cbc.exe for Windows?
If I need to build one, what symbols or C++ / link configuration options I
must use? If some external headers are necessary, where can I get them?

Petru