[Cbc] muti-thread compile for cbc-2.7.8

xiwen xiwenwang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 20:50:53 EST 2012

Hi,
I got cbc-2.7.8 from http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/Cbc/
and tried:

mkdir build
cd build
../configure --enable-cbc-parallel --prefix=/home/name
make
make install

there is no error and I got the executable cbc.

The question is, when I do, cbc -pthreads, it gives error, no pthreads. I think I did not get the parallel version installed, what I missed or doing wrong?

The other thing is, when i run cbc, it said version 2.7.5, why is that?

The last thing, in previous version, like 2.7.1, the INSTALL file mentioned about parallel, but in the latest version, there is nothing saying about parallel in the INSTALL file. Does this mean the parallel is not supported?

Thanks
xiwen