[Cbc] Compiling and installing CBC in Mac OS X (10.8.2)

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 19 05:58:08 EST 2012

Hi,

On 11/19/2012 06:03 AM, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile and install CBC with GLPK/MathProg (GMPL) in
> Mac OS X (10.8.2).
>
> The compilation with Gplk-4.45 went well but the install seems not going well.
>
> I was expecting to be installed in /usr/local
>
> e.g. /usr/local//Cbc-2.7.7
>
> How do I edit the make install script inorder to install as mentioned above?

Documentation for the build system is at
https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinHelp
Look especially at
https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinHelp/wiki/user-configure

> How do edit the scrpt inorder to install Glpk-4.47 instead of Glpk-4.45?

Look at the ThirdParty/Glpk/configure.ac and ThirdParty/Glpk/Makefile.am
files and adapt them for Glpk 4.47.
Some documentation is at
https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/pm-main
I don't recall signification changes in the LP or MIP solver Glpkfrom
4.45 to 4.47, so noone took the effort to update the buildsystem yet.

Building Glpk separately and using the --with-glpk-lib and
--with-glpk-incdir options of Cbc may also be an option.

Stefan