[Cbc] Building Cbc under Cygwin: more info

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Tue Mar 13 16:21:25 EDT 2012

A few days ago I reported that I was having trouble building Cbc under
Cygwin.  I have one or two more bits of information that may give somebody
a clue about what's going wrong.

During "make", we get occasional warnings that all look like this:

   libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
shared libraries

During "make test", we get:

   make[2]: Entering directory `...Osi/src/Osi'
   .deps/OsiAuxInfo.Plo:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
   make[2]: Leaving directory `...Osi/src/Osi'
   Makefile:523: recipe for target `all-recursive' failed
   make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
   make[1]: Leaving directory `...Osi'
   Makefile:314: recipe for target `all-recursive' failed
   make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

For comparison, I just did the build in a more conventional Linux
environment (a VMWare emulation, in this case, but I don't think that
matters), and got through "make test" with no errors.  By the way, the set
of compiler warnings I get during build is slightly different in the two
environments.

So, it seems that there is something about our Cygwin configuration that
wasn't anticipated by the COIN build tools: does anyone have additional
insight?