[Cbc] Building against COIN Binary libraries

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Fri Jun 15 18:42:26 EDT 2012

Our COIN application builds fine under Linux, and now we are trying to
port it to Windows.  Rather than try to compile all the way from source,
we are attempting to build against the libraries provided by the COIN
Binary project.

The question we are facing now is: which libraries should we tell the
compiler to link against?  In our Linux build, the libraries CbcSolver,
Cbc, and OsiCbc seemed to be all that was necessary.  When we try this on
Windows (using the MinGW toolset) we get hundreds of "undefined reference"
errors from the linker, most of which are generated from the libraries, as
if there were other more basic libraries on which these depended.  Is the
interlibrary dependence graph documented anywhere?

Especially we are eager to hear any success stories from people building
COIN-based applications on Windows; these people would know instantly what
we are doing wrong.