[Cbc] Logging intermediate solutions

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Mon Feb 27 14:13:54 EST 2012

Is there a command-line option to make the standard Cbc executable log
intermediate solutions as they are found?  Using default settings, the
_fact_ that a solution has been found is logged, but we would like it to
log the solution itself (printing the values of all nonzero variables).

The reason we want this is that we have a different sort of solver running
in parallel with Cbc, and we would like to be able to feed it "hints" as
the solution process proceeds.

Our solution so far has been to actually modify the Cbc main driver loop,
in the source, to log store each solution as it is found.  But it is risky
and inconvenient having to repeat this source-surgery every time a new and
improved version of Cbc appears.  It would be a stabler solution to just
interact with Cbc through the command-line interface.