[Cbc] CMake version of Cbc

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 8 05:06:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 08/08/2012 10:25 AM, Sumit K. Nath wrote:
> Dear Cbc subscribers
> I have started a project at http://code.google.com/p/cmake-coin/ that will
> leverage CMake to build Cbc (among other COIN-OR projects) across
> platforms.
>
> May I request you to please take a look at it and try it out? The project
> currently is tailor made for Windows platforms. I need some help in making
> it compatible with other platforms, primarily Linux. Please take a look at
> the wiki page in the project as to how to go about building the libraries.
> Currently, the project does not build any third party dependencies. In
> addition, the project build has been tested on Visual Studio 10 and MinGw
> (gcc 4.7.0).
>
> During the build, I found a couple of things that I want to share with
> members here:
> a.) I am unable to build shared libraries for sub-projects. Is there a
> mechanism for doing this? Maybe I am missing out some defines.

Works for me (linux, configure), must be a problem with your setup then.

> b.) How is LAPACK used in the library?

LAPACK can be used for matrix factorization. The corresponding code is
somewhere in CoinUtils.

You can get Cygwin at http://www.cygwin.com

> d.) A few examples in the Cbc/examples do not work. They are driver3.cpp
> and driver4.cpp. In addition, CbcSolverLongThin.cpp has an include
> "//#include "CbcHeuristicUser.hpp"" that is not available in the current
> SVN. Hence, I had to comment out this file.

CbcSolverLongThin.cpp does not need to be compiled, because it is not
used by any example.
Anyhow, the include of CbcHeuristicUser.hpp is now removed in trunk.

driver3 and driver4 compile fine for me.

Stefan