[Cbc] [Ipopt] Problems with Windows 7/MS Visual Studio 10

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 16 07:20:48 EDT 2011

Hi,

> I am having several problems with my new setup using windows 7 and MSVS
> 10. I do not know if the installation was bad or what else I may be
> missing.
>
> 1. I can build cbc.exe, and it runs. I cannot build OsiCbcUnitTest,
> because the linker cannot open libOsiCommonTest.lib. Is this a bug in
> the solution file?
>
> 2. I cannot build in the unix emulators MSYS and Cygwin because there
> does not seem to be an executable cl.exe (I would prefer to use cl
> instead of gcc.) In fact, I cannot even run the configure step, because
> no C compiler is found.

You need to have at least the PATH variable to be setup in a way that cl
can be found.
I think MSVS installs an icon in the program-startbar (or whatever it's
called) to start a shell where these paths are set.
You may merge the script behind that with the startup script of cygwin
and/or msys.

> 3. CppAD does not compile, because it is looking for a routine
> std::inserter.
>
> The error occurs in sparse_set.hpp(231): error C3861: identifier not found.
>
>  From what I can tell, this routine is not part of the <set> package any
> more but has been moved to the <iterator> package. (As implied by this
> remark, MSVS 9 works just fine.)

Maybe tell Brad about it.

Stefan