[Cbc] CBC and MathProg on Windows

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Mon Oct 24 03:56:37 EDT 2011

A couple of comments.

> I just tested Cbc with GMPL support and it seems to work. In Unix-like
> environments with the autotools, it is only necessary to run the ./get.Glpk
> script in ThirdParty/Glpk prior to configuration and also add
> --enable-gnu-packages

I can confirm that it builds without problems with mingw32+MSYS. The
--enable-gnu-packages option was not needed.

> as an argument to configure (not sure this last one is necessary, but it can't
> hurt. This will build Cbc with support for GMPL. Then you can call it with
> cbc sample.mod%sample.dat
> where the file names for the data and model files are separated by a "%" symbol.

I would like to add that if there is no data file, the syntax is
	cbc sample.mod%
where the "%" at the end is needed to tell cbc that it is a GMPL file.

In addition, if the file includes some post-processing commands, they can be
processed using the "gsolu(tion)" command, which takes as a parameter a file
with solution to the problem (saved using the "solu(tion)" command).
For example, this solves the sudoku.mod file from glpk examples, producing the
same nice output as glpsol:
	cbc.exe sudoku.mod% -solve -solu sudoku.sol -gsolu sudoku.sol

Good luck
Michal