[Cbc] CBC and MathProg on Windows

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Oct 23 00:17:15 EDT 2011

I just tested Cbc with GMPL support and it seems to work. In Unix-like
environments with the autotools, it is only necessary to run the ./get.Glpk
script in ThirdParty/Glpk prior to configuration and also add

--enable-gnu-packages

as an argument to configure (not sure this last one is necessary, but it
can't hurt. This will build Cbc with support for GMPL. Then you can call it
with

cbc sample.mod%sample.dat

where the file names for the data and model files are separated by a "%"
symbol.

In Windows, you should be able to just open the Cbc solution file, add the
GLPK project to the solutin and add "COIN_HAS_GLPK" to the list of
preprocessor defines. I haven't tried this myself, but it should work fine.

Cheers,

Ted

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Jim Levis <jwlevis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to good step-by-step guide for configuring CBC to
> read MathProg files in Windows? Is there are way to do it with
> binaries, or do you need to compile CBC and GLPK together? Finally, is
> using CBC directly with MathProg much more efficient than using GLPK
> to write an MPS file and then solving with CBC?
>
> Thanks.

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280