[Cbc] Message printing with CbcSolver

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Mon Mar 14 12:01:47 EDT 2011

Hi John and Stefan,

Thanks for your help and explanation of the issue. I have managed to get
CBC to produce messages with the changes you suggested.

One minor issue -- in the print out of the messages, the Id for the
message, seen in the standalone cbc solver, i.e.

Cbc0038I Pass   1: suminf.    0.66204 (6) obj. 228065 iterations 86
^^^^^^^^

is not printed when running with CbcMain1, but they are printed when I
run Clp (i.e. solving linear problems), I use the same message handler
there.

On 13/03/2011 18:19, John Forrest wrote:
 > Coin is 2 and Cgl is 3
 >
 > On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 18:22 +0100, Stefan Vigerske wrote:
 >> >  Hi,

 >> >  I additionally set
 >> >       msghandler->setLogLevel(1,0);
 >> >       msghandler->setLogLevel(2,0);
 >> >       msghandler->setLogLevel(3,0);

Does it make sense to set the log level for Cgl and Coin to 0? I guess
that means if they print messages at every linear solve? If not, do
printing them add any useful information?

Thanks and cheers,

Kish
Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.