[Cbc] Cbc build fails whwn cross-compiled for 64 bit Windows

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Tue Mar 1 09:51:50 EST 2011

Hi,

I also mean to ask about this -- what is the status with the other
thirdpart codes (particularly the other Cholesky codes) I remember
that at the time of me trying UFL AMD with Clp, I also attempted
to use the other Cholesky code -- I can't remember which one I
tried now, but I remember it was quite an effort to get Clp to
compile with it, and Clp then crashed when invoked, so I never
managed to get it working. I think I posted about this at the time

This was a few years ago now, so things may be different now, and
if it is known to be working, I would like to try them again.

On a related question: I seem to remember that John (or maybe someone
else?) said that the native ordering is now more efficient. However, my
recent tests with the trunk and stable/2.4 branches suggests that a
Cbc/Clp out of the box compile is still significantly slower than using
UFL AMD when the barrier solver is used (10-100 times for many of the
problems I tried) -- is this expected, or do I need to do something to
invoke the better native ordering?

Thanks and cheers,

Kish

On 01/03/2011 14:22, Stefan Vigerske wrote:
> What other (undocumented) options for speeding up Clp by thirdparty
> codes exists? I see there also ClpCholesky{Mumps,Taucs,Wssmp*}.?pp. Are
> they all working?

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.